(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Friday, December 30, 2005

Krem le Bistro

Jeff Korbelik's nod to Krem le Bistro as one of the top 5 of 2005 reminded me that I forgot to do a write up about my experience going there about a month ago.

I'm pretty big into atmosphere, and Krem did not disappoint; it was dark and cozy, just what a good dinner place should be.

We ordered the crab cakes as an appetizer. They were some of the best I've ever had-- crispy, tender, and flavorful. The dish came with some sort of sweet chutney and a wasabi sauce. It was an interesting taste sensation to switch between the sweet chutney and hot wasabi.

Next came the soup. I ordered the Italian Wedding soup, which was quite good. It had tons of itsy bitsy meatballs. Some of my friends ordered another kind of soup that I actually liked better, but I can't even remember what it was right now.

I was a feeling a bit short on funds at the time, so I opted for a sandwich (around $5-7) rather than an entree (around $9-13). I was intrigued by the crab salad because it came on crusty french bread, which sounded really good at the time. I was wrong. My sandwich was a huge disappointment. It was bland and drippy. That's what I get for ordering crab salad in Nebraska. One of my friends ordered the roast beef roll-up, which was pretty good, but nothing special. Another friend ordered a salmon entree that was quite good.

The dessert menu sounded really good, but we just ordered some French press coffees instead. If we had known how much they were going to give us, we would have ordered just one instead of three. They actually give you the whole French press full of very strong, very delicious coffee. It would have been the perfect accompaniment to a nice slice of cake.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Krem le Bistro. Give it a try-- just stay away from that crab salad sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home