(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, February 23, 2008

EWR C Terminal

I spent two hours at Newark Liberty on Monday afternoon and another 4 hours this afternoon and in between all 139 gates in the Continental terminal there is not one decent place to eat a sit down meal. An ExpressJet pilot told me the good food was in the A and B terminals but by "good" I think he meant Chili's and Friday's. That's definitely not something that's going to make me choose to go outside security if I don't have to (for some reason EWR doesn't have secure connection points between its various terminals like every other airport does).

Additional Continental tip: If you're on a meal-time flight they'll give you a sandwich, some baby carrots and a candy bar. The last time I flew Continental I chose the turkey sandwich so today I tried the tuna salad. Don't get the tuna salad. It was like a schmear of wet cat food.

The only bright spot was purely nostalgia-related. Down near the gate C130 there's a Steak Escape which I haven't seen since the one in downtown Lincoln closed several years ago. No Chartroose Caboose in Newark, though.

This past week's travel food was pretty dismal save for a nice Thai place in St. Johnsbury, VT, called Kham's Thai Cuisine. I'll post a review when I get a chance just in case you are ever in the area skiing, gawking at colored leaves or visiting Robert Frost's vacation home.

Hopefully this week I'll be able to get over to the new Mexican place the Korb featured in the Journal-Star on Friday, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home