(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Top Lincoln 5 of 2005

Sarah's top 5



1. The Oven (My favorite: then, now, forever.)
2. El Rancho (Try the guac.)
3. Pho Nguyen (Pho is the ultimate comfort food.)
4. Eighth Street Ironworks (I thought this place had a lot of potential.)
5. Yia Yia's (Get the red pesto.)

Swoof's top 5



1. The Oven: It's always worth the price and I don't eat there nearly as I much as I did 10 years ago, much to my chagrin.
2. El Rancho: A great introduction to the competitive Mexican market in Lincoln. Highly visible but tough to get to. Find a way.
3. D'Leon's: I never made it out to the West O location so I was happy they finally opened one on 27th St. They have real fish tacos just like you can get along the PCH in the OC which is good enough to garner a high rating from me.
4. Yia Yia's: They added some great beers this past year including the St. Peter's Cream Stout. The addition of the Francais - olive oil, mozzarella, bleu cheese and walnuts - to the menu was a wonderful surprise.
5. Shogun: The new location is kind of strange but the sushi menu has been expanded and compares well with some of Omaha's great sushi places.

2 Comments:

Blogger Swoof said...

I keep meaning to go the Peace Cafe but forget about it when it's time to go out. I'll definitely give it a try. I like Sinbad's quite a bit. Are they similar?

5:36 PM  
Blogger Awesome Inc. said...

Totally agree on The Oven. Simply put, that place just totally kicks major ass.

MP

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home