(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, January 19, 2006

More on Blue Orchid

The Daily Nebraskan featured a review of Blue Orchid today I thought I'd offer as an alternative viewpoint. If you've read J.J. Harder's reviews before you know he doesn't mince words or try too hard to find something nice to say when there's nothing even remotely positive about the restaurant. I'm looking forward to trying it because it's been a long time since I've been able to get consistently good Pad Thai in Lincoln.

7 Comments:

Blogger Awesome Inc. said...

Tried Blue Orchid the other day for lunch. Not really sure where you're supposed to park, but I was on foot. The restaurant is surprisingly spacious, nicely decorated and the staff was good. The food was awesome. I love Thai food and this was good Thai food. The appetizers are small, but full of flavor and my Pad Thai was great.

Jamie

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally got over to Blue Orchid for lunch. While I'm glad I had some extra time to spare, the place was packed so the time investment seemed reasonable. The rolls and soup did take awhile to arrive but I'd been briefed on that situation so it wasn't surprising.

Every server we encountered was polite and attentive to our requests. Love the variety of dishes.

I also thought the Pad Thai was great, the chicken was indeed very tender. Definitely no ketchup to be found in their sauce. Can't wait to test out the dinner menu.

-Ash

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the dress code like?

10:44 AM  
Blogger Swoof said...

shirts and shoes, at least. Pants are a good thing, too.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was over at the Blue Orchid a week ago, and it was most likely the best oriental food I've ever had. However, the service was SLOWWWWWWW. Apparently there was a lot of confusion as they had stopped taking reservations but were still honoring previous reservations. The actual service at the table was slow as well.I hope this is worked out because the food here is really excellent. If you go, maybe go with the expectation that it's going to take a really, really long time.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This place is awesome now (November) I love the food every time I'm there. Service is sooooo much better than the first time i was there. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the previous post. I just tried it for the first time (July, 2007) and I'm hooked.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home