(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Back! Get it?

Now that the bar exam and the requisite recovery period are over it's time to get back to writing about eating. I'd like to thank people for not abandoning us during the prolonged absence. Gunscribe and shells even left comments on what appeared to be another of the 1,000,000 dead blogs clogging the Stevens pipes.

In fact, site traffic seems just a tad higher now than it was two months ago. Maybe I should stop blogging completely and cover the page with ads.

Friday afternoon I'll have a short review of El Rincon, the latest entry in Lincoln's growing taqueria population. I finally ate at Doughboyz during the dead period and I'll have a few words about them too. Short preview: pizza - great; menu and atmosphere - not so much. There are a few others rattling around, too, but I'll have to get Sarah to help me refresh my memory since it is still clogged with legal minutia that will slowly trickle away.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gunscribe said...

Swoof posted;

Gunscribe and shells even left comments on what appeared to be another of the 1,000,000 dead blogs clogging the Stevens pipes.

I'm not sure if I have been insulted or not.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Swoof said...

No insult intended, 'scribe - It was praise for your belief that anyone was still paying attention and glad someone was still visiting and reading.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Gunscribe said...

Cool and thanks

I have been reading your Blog for awhile. I will try to get it added to my Blogroll in the next few days.

We have a Blogger Bash planned for next Saturday night if your interested.

Anyone with a Nebraska Blog is invited, let me know and I'll email you the details.

P.S. The wife and I ate at Raining Canes today.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Swoof said...

Thanks for the reminder. I ate at Raisin' Cane's a few weeks ago and was left wondering how multiple chicken-strip-only chains can exist in the south. I'll have a review of that place soon.

Also, thanks for the invite but I have a wedding to go to next Saturday.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Swoof. I actually ate at Raising Cane's earlier today. Perhaps my conclusion differs from yours. My intention was to bring the meal home, but I ended up gobbling up most of it on the one-handed drive home - my car passenger seat now a greasy mess of batter debris. Fries and coleslaw were ok, but those chicken fingers were very tasty and moist morsels of breast meat indeed. A step above any of the other fast food places that offer fried chicken fingers in Lincoln by far IMHO. In other words, another deep fried, unhealthy food fest that is guaranteed to make a good number of Lincolnites happy. I know my tastebuds are definitely pleased.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home