(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good News for the Southside

I stopped at the BP near 14th & Old Cheney during lunch today and when I went in to pay for my gas I noticed someone is moving in to the space vacated by Doozy's a few months ago. The sign standing between the convenience store and the restaurant space said "Mi Guadalajara Coming Soon. Authentic Mexican food."

I can only hope by "authentic" they mean like the food at El Chapparro, El Comal, Super Taco, etc., and not the "authentic" food at that awful place in Bennett or the Tex-Mex they serve at places like La Paz, Mazatlan, et al. The size of the place, which would be a mostly takeout business, suggests the former.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding! That's just a hop, skip and a jump from my house. Hope it's good.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would add El Rancho to the list of good places here in town as well. They offer some tasty specialties as well as "authentic" dishes if you know what to order. I go there with a friend from Venezuela and we order off the menu all the time. Yesterday we had fried plantains along with our entrees.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Swoof said...

El Rancho is pretty good, Mr. T. I haven't been in a couple of years though.

Now that you've put your insider knowledge out there, the next step is for you to meet me there so I can order off the menu with you. One of the few things I liked about south Florida was the abundance of restaurants serving fried plaintains.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home