(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, June 15, 2008

More Chicago Food: Lula Cafe

You can get this stuff in probably dozens of places around Chicago but the few times I've eaten at Lula Cafe have never given me a reason to try someplace else. Plus, it's just a few blocks from my friends' place and they use as much locally grown and raised food as they can.

I had the Moroccan Chickpea Sweet Potato Tagine. Maybe a little heavy on the cinnamon but refreshingly light after the Led Zeppelin from the night before. The arugula was especially peppery and crisp.


My friend had one of the brunch specials, smoked housemade kielbasa hash with sunny side eggs and baby mustard green salad. The Kielbasa was some of the best I've had but I've really only had the Hickory Farms ring kielbasa so what do I know? All I can say is, that Kielbasa sausage performed. The baby mustard greens were amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Ok, Grizzled finally ponied up with the fact that he's been to the Lula Cafe and loved it. Harrumph... yet another reason to still work in the city if not live in the city. I'm putting this on my summer list of must-do's as well, but I have to say, the Led Zeppelin burger at Kuma's will be first. Lula can then save me from heavy metal death!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Swoof said...

Busted, Grizzled!

It's really a nice place. I've heard complaints that it's too hipster-dominated and therefore the staff tends to pay more attention to certain tables more than others but I've never had a problem there.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home