(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Shadowbrook Salad Company

Shadowbrook Salad Company, out at 56th and Pine Lake Road, has been around for a couple of years now. I'd been there once before but recently met my mom there for lunch this past week. If you haven't been there yet Shadowbrook Salad Company offers a big salad bar, 6 soups, some hot offerings and about 30 flavors of gelato which cost extra as of this past June.

Besides the salad bar with the great Shadowbrook Farms greens and enough toppings to way outdo the Ruby Tuesday salad bar there are at least a dozen prepared salads each day. These are hit and miss, as prepared salads are. Your tolerance for mayonnaise will determine how much you like these although there are usually three or four that I like.

What's best though is the soup. My favorite is the roasted red pepper and gouda and this last trip there was a great beer cheese soup with ham. The broccoli cheese was a little too greasy for my taste but the vegetable beef was delicious. Another soup I love that wasn't available on my last visit was the chicken pick a noodle which is basically chicken soup and then there are several kinds of cooked noodles on the side.

There is also some great sourdough bread available. I think it might be Le Quartier but there was no way for me to tell.

The hot offerings are hit and miss. The pizza I had last week was not good but the baked potato bar I had on a previous visit was a nice addition. That's not really why you'd go to Shadowbrook though so consider it a bonus if the hot food is good.

The food is a little pricey. Lunch for two was about $16. I forgot about my company 10% discount, too. The ingredients they use are worth the cost I think and it's really one of the only places that gives you the ability to eat a completely healthy lunch with lots of choices.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to Shadowbrook once, for dinner, and enjoyed it quite a bit. I love a fresh salad and was pleased to see that the salad bar there was unlike any I had seen before in Nebraska. The cucumber ranch dressing was great. I also tried a bit of the hot entree there as well - herb roasted chicken - and enjoyed it.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you got out of there for $16. As I recall, I thought lunch was a lot more expensive than that.

I like it too, but it's priced just high enough that we don't go there very often. I've been in the mood for soup lately, so maybe it's time to eat there again.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I recall its around $8 for lunch and $10 per dinner per person. If they knocked it down a dollar, the price point would be killer.

I should mention, the time I was there I had the french onion soup as I like french onion. It was a bit salty for my taste, but still good.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We tried to go to Shadowbrook Salad Co last Saturday and it was CLOSED. So sad! It was great for dinner out with kids -- no fidgety waiting for food to arrive.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home